All of our educators have achieved their Cert III in Childcare and the majority are also Diploma qualified.
As the early childhood professionals of Mackay Cubbie House Child Care and Educational Centre, we endeavour to:
- Create a warm, welcoming, friendly, safe, secure, fun, happy and loving environment that promotes a family atmosphere.
- Create an environment which will support, challenge and enhance cognitive, physical, social, language and emotional growth of the children in our care through the provision of active, quiet, indoor and outdoor experiences for children to experiment, discover, solve problems and find out about themselves, because we believe play is essential to young children’s learning.
- Provide ‘tender loving care’ to all children and meet each child’s individual needs in a supporting and affectionate environment.
- Provide opportunities and experiences to all children to reach their full potential.
- Encourage and promote each child’s agency.
- Set realistic learning outcomes for the children, by regular observation of their individual needs, strengths and interests using Belonging, Being and Becoming The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia.
- Provide toileting and nappy change experiences that are positive and rewarding and meet the child’s individual needs.
- Work in partnership with families equally to ensure inclusion, regardless of nationality, culture, religion, disabilities, family status, financial status, behaviour or personality.
- Encourage family members to become actively involved with the Service and to contribute to the programs.
- Make revisions that will assist in the integration of children of cultural diversity or additional needs, so they may be mainstreamed into the learning environment and where appropriate, utilise resource workers or other relevant agencies in the community.
- Work as a team and respect each team member as an individual with valuable input, knowledge and skills.
- Provide qualified, experienced and motivated educators who are responsive to the children’s interests and needs – and are committed to ongoing training and learning in early education and care.
- Provide meals and menus that are fresh, nutritional and well balanced as per the Australian Government’s, Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Guidelines for Early Childhood Settings that meet specific dietary requirements. Safe food handling and hygiene practices are observed at all times.
- Use positive reinforcement and encouragement as tools to direct and promote behaviours. Through positive encouragement and experiences we aim to build high self-esteem and self worth.
- Encourage and promote children to develop an understanding of the environment and be environmentally responsible through sustainable practices.
Our Service is committed to providing high quality education and care for children. This involves continuous improvement that will enhance quality care.